Friday, September 4, 2009

Thumbs Up to Bob Davie?

Another thing I've always wondered about sportscasters was which ones made really good points, and which ones made comments that made me scratch my head. Therefore, I'm going to be giving out a Thumbs Up when I think a sportscaster makes a good point, and a Thumbs Down when I think they said something completely ridiculous.

Surprisingly, my first Thumbs Up goes to Bob Davie. During the Boise State game last night, Davie called out "How 'bout this field goal formation?" and Boise State promptly faked it and ran it in for a 2 point conversion. Granted, the cameraman wasn't watching the play, so we missed it on TV, but Bob got the call right. Nice job, Bob.

Let me know your Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down. Add your comments to this post if you want to recognize some good or bad announcing this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment